EECMD Eastern European Centre for Multiparty Democracy
The Eastern European Centre for Multiparty Democracy (EECMD) is an independent, non-partisan democracy assistance organization, which works to enhance democratic traditions, strengthen political parties and create strong grassroots capacities for democracy in the Eastern European Neighborhood. EECMD currently works in five countries of the region, where it implements programs aimed at political party assistance, democracy education and political dialogue. We are currently looking for the motivated professional to join the programs team in Georgia. The position is full-time, based in Tbilisi and requires moderate travel in the country.
Duties and obligations:
- Assisting in the general management of ongoing administrative activities of the EECMD office in Tbilisi
- Providing administrative and logistical support to EECMD staff
- Assisting in procurement of goods and services required for the daily operation of the office
- Monitoring service delivery by the support staff of the office and external providers
- Up keeping of the EECMD inventory in its program countries
- Monitoring fuel usage and vehicle log-books
- Drafting administrative staff meeting minutes
- Maintaining the registry of official documentation; bookkeeping and filing
- Assisting in fulfilling the security regulations for EECMD office in Tbilisi
- Maintaining general organizational email accounts
- Monitoring and maintaining general EECMD calendars
- Assisting in scheduling and tracking meetings
- Responding to office phone calls
- Maintaining contact lists
- Providing the executive director of the organization with administrative support
- Performing other related functions as required.
Education, skills and competencies:
- Working experience of at least two years in similar field and with similar functions
- General familiarity with administration, economics or related fields is required; higher education degree in social sciences is highly desirable
- Motivated to learn and develop as a professional and part of EECMD team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Fluent in Georgian and English languages, including good writing skills in both Georgian and English; Basic Russian language is not required but is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with the national and international NGO and development sector is preferred but not necessary
- Proficiency with computers and office equipment is mandatory
- Able to work with office software solutions and spreadsheets
- Disciplined, reliable and a punctual worker, able to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work with a multinational team
- Good communicator
Selection: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview/test.
Interested candidates shall submit their CV and the cover letter in English no later than February 26, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote: “Office Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
No inquiries will be entertained, incomplete applications will not be considered.