The representatives of civil society, media, academia, and political parties, united by the belief that Georgia must be a democratic state and a member of the European Union and North Atlantic Treaty Organization:
- Express their solidarity and support to Ukraine – Georgia’s closest friend and its resilient people.
- Trust, that building a democracy and joining the European Union and NATO transcend partisan lines and ideological preferences and represent a shared national interest.
- Declare, that Russia’s military intervention in Ukraine is a humanitarian and military crime against the Ukrainian people and represents a direct threat to Georgia’s national security and peace.
- Believe, that defeating and mitigating these threats calls not for inactivity, but for fortifying the country’s military, political and civilian resilience.
- Call for broad civic and political coordination and better organization of joint efforts.
To these ends, the organizations and citizens signing this declaration:
- Hereby establish the European Forum of Georgia as an instrument for more intensive cooperation and joint initiatives of pro-democratic organizations.
- The European Forum of Georgia will be an open and democratic platform for joint consultation, planning, and organization.
- The Forum can be joined at any time by any organization or a citizen of Georgia recognizing the core values of democracy and supporting Georgia’s aspirations toward joining the European Union and NATO.
The participants of the European Forum of Georgia call on the Parliament and the Government of Georgia to:
- Undertake the necessary steps required for joining the European Union in the coming days, effectively implement relevant reforms and changes, and carry out these actions with necessary transparency.
- Undertake effective steps to improve the relations with Ukraine immediately and align Georgia’s foreign and security policies with the EU as per the Association Agreement signed between Georgia and the European Union.
- Review Georgia’s defense capabilities in the nearest future. Consider and discuss (in both parliamentary and public settings) ways and means to strengthen these capabilities and take urgent measures to qualitatively upgrade them, including along the “line of occupation” established by the Russian forces after their intervention in Georgia in 2008.
- Take effective and expeditious measures to effectively suppress and neutralize Russian propaganda, disinformation, and other tools of hybrid warfare in Georgia.
- Ensure that the Parliament of Georgia takes up these issues at the Committee and Plenary Sessions in the coming days and makes appropriate decisions.
The European Forum of Georgia will continue consolidating democratic groups around these goals and values, developing relevant new initiatives, and making a positive impact on policy in line with Georgia’s national interests.
Application form for to join the European Forum of Georgia: https://forms.gle/knVZ9CvY5Hc7j5e66
March 04, 2022
List of Signatures:
Georgian Institute of Politics
Ilia Chavchavadze Center for European Studies and Civic Education
Democracy Research Centre (DRI)
Civic Initiatives and Innovation Centre (CIIC)
Dean of the School of Law and Politics – GIPA
Conflictologist / DAAD
University of Georgia / Center for Strategic Analysis of Georgia
Executive Director of Forbes (Georgia) / Activist
Media Center Kakheti (MCK)
Kakheti Regional Development Fund (KRDF)
Regional Development Center
Center for Civic Activities – Kakheti
Pankisi Community Organization
Main Actions from Kakheti (MAK)
Kakheti Regional Development Center (KRDC)
Gori Photographers Club
Initiative group “Maro” – Shida Kartli
Union of Young Researchers and Analysts – Shida Kartli
Karaleti Women Solidarity Center
Women and Development – Shida Kartli
Gori Community Radio “Mosaic”
Bridge of friendship “Kartlosi” – Shida Kartli
“Center for Welfare and Development” – Shida Kartli
“Georgian Media Group” – Shida Kartli
Shida Kartli Information Center
Gori Information Center
Radio “Old Town” – Imereti
Organization for Rights and Education – Imereti
Imereti Regional Development Program
“Learn the agency in Imereti”
Organization “House of Future Development” – Imereti
News Agency First News – Imereti
Organization “Kutaisi Women’s Club” – Imereti
Organization “Saati” – Imereti
“Dialogue of Generations” – Imereti
Organization “Khoni Community Education Center” – Imereti
Regional Initiatives Center “Bright Future”
Organization “English Language Teachers’ Space” – Imereti
Studio Reki – Adjara
Institute of Democracy – Adjara
Changes for Equal Rights – Adjara
Academy of Public Development – Adjara
Tanadgoma – Batumi branch
Batumi Bicycle club- Adjara
Batumi Independent Living Center
Association Flora and Fauna – Adjara
Political union “Droa”
Political Union “Lelo for Georgia”
Political Union – “Republican Party of Georgia”
Political Union “Free Democrats”
Political union “Ana Dolidze – for the people
Political Union “Strategy Aghmashenebeli”
Civic Education and Development Center
Informational Developer HUB (IDH)
Parents organization of Children with disabilities ‘Lampari’
Human Rights Research Center (HRRC)
“Civil Society and Media Development Institute (CSMDI) “
CRI “Bright Future”
Ad Hoc React Center
Political Union “For Justice”
Space for Education and Development
Activist (Member of Democracy School Association)
Political Union “Citizens”
Nabiji Kharagauli Journalist
Democracy House of Georgia
Borjomi Youth Center
Education expert, Doctor of Humanitarian Sciences
Media/news company ‘Kakhetis Khma’
Association HERA XXI
Women from regions Georgia
Association of Women Farmers
Association for the Protection of Parents and Children’s Interests “Dia”
Young Scientists Union ‘Intellect’
“Partnership for Education and Communication”
The representatives of civil society, media, academia, and political parties, united by the belief that Georgia must be a democratic state and a member of the European Union and North Atlantic Treaty Organization