Eastern European Centre for Multiparty Democracy (EECMD) https://eecmd.org/ is pleased to open the call for applications for the Democracy School study cycle 2020 at our schools in Dnipro, Kyiv, Lviv, Odesa and Poltava.
Democracy Schools are developed to strengthen the demand for democracy at a grassroots level and to create the necessary basis for political pluralism and anti-corruption action in Ukraine.
Democracy School is an in-depth, five-month educational program that focuses on democratic governance, democratic policy, anti-corruption and political action issues in Ukraine. The Democracy Education program is designed for the representatives of political parties, public, local authorities, civil society, public organizations and media sectors and other interested active citizens over 18 years of age. The final Certificate is issued after successful completion of the training program.
The Democracy School invites trainers from different spheres and backgrounds, such as acclaimed Ukrainian political analysts, academics, representatives of non-governmental organizations, former politicians and well-known public figures.
The tentative list of the topics:
– Political culture.
– International context (Ukraine and international organizations).
– Contemporary challenges of democracy and the role of civil society.
– Human rights. Rule of Law.
– Constitution and separation of powers.
– The role of the judiciary.
– Elections and electoral systems.
– Political parties and finance.
– Local self-government and decentralization.
– Corruption and anti-corruption policy.
– Parliamentary practice.
– E-democracy and involvement in politics.
– Issues of gender equality in politics.
– Channels of influence: political parties, social networks, etc.
– Forms of peaceful political influence, social mobilization.
– Countering propaganda
– Public speech and rhetoric
– Political fundraising, project management.
– Dialogue between civil society, political parties and government.
– Election campaign.
✅The number of participants is limited (20-25 people per cycle)
✅The selection process takes place through the submission of an application and an interview.
✅Participation in DS is free of charge
✅Application Deadline: July 15, 2020
✅Contact Information: email@example.com
School of Democracy in Dnipro – https://cutt.ly/PoeogQU
School of Democracy in Kyiv – https://cutt.ly/woeujUP
School of Democracy in Lviv – https://cutt.ly/SoeiqWP
School of Democracy in Odessa – https://cutt.ly/7oeaT0o
School of Democracy in Poltava – https://cutt.ly/uoepIHS