EECMD is a regional non-governmental organization working in Eastern Europe and Eurasia. Since 2009 it operated as a branch office in Georgia (and later in Eastern European Neighborhood) of the Netherlands Institute for Multiparty Democracy (NIMD). In 2017 the field office has been transformed into an independent regional organization working in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the Middle East.
EECMD has been active in Georgia, Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Moldova and Kyrgyzstan with programs aiming at three important factors affecting democratic consolidation: political systems, political cultures, and political actors. EECMD works to strengthen democratic political culture (via Democracy Education and Democracy Schools programs), improve organizational effectiveness and viability of democratic political actors (via organizational development support programs) and enhance democratic systems (via reform initiatives and policy dialogue). Furthermore, EECMD works to promote gender equality and political participation of women, improve the political representation of minorities and apply the use of new technologies and software to widen democratic spaces and political participation of different groups.
Web resources for EECMD:
Main Website: www.eecmd.org.
The Program Coordinator shall lead EECMD’s in-country efforts in Moldova by successfully implementing the following duties and obligations:
- Managing EECMD programs in Moldova, aimed at supporting democratic development in the country;
- Maintaining effective contacts with program stakeholders (political parties, civil society groups, international organizations, EECMD partner embassies, media, etc.);
- Creating project proposals and project reports;
- Creating project implementation plans, budgets, organizing project activities and performing other, related tasks;
- Creating planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and reporting on them;
- Coordinating and leading on the reporting to EECMD and its donors;
- Providing effective guidance to the personnel of the program in Moldova;
- Maintaining effective liaisons with colleagues in different countries and contributing to synergy and coordination (where necessary) between EECMD’s different programs;
- Organizing (regional and national) meetings, seminars and bilateral meetings with political parties, civil society, and media, as well as capacity building trainings, as required by EECMD program activities;
- Contributing to annual reporting and annual planning of the organization;
- Performing other relevant tasks related to the effective implementation of the program in Moldova
On an intra-organizational level, the Program Coordinator is expected to:
- Establish fruitful and effective cooperation with the international team of colleagues;
- Be able to contribute effectively to joint discussions and planning sessions of the organization;
- Demonstrate a strong ability to effectively contribute to developing EECMD programming in Moldova;
- Provide high-quality activity and project reports;
- Provide high-quality feedback and analysis on political developments in Moldova.
Education and skills:
- Graduate degree in social sciences;
- Strong and up to date knowledge of Moldova’s political system and its political landscape, highly aware of current issues on a political scene and ongoing debates about reforms, security, and development;
- Knowledge and experience with the Romanian and international NGO and development sector and highly aware of key players and actors on the scene;
- Experience in writing project proposals for international donors; experience in relevant reporting;
- Project planning, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Experience of working with international organizations;
- Fluent English and Romanian (writing and speaking abilities) are a must.
- Politically sensitive and impartial;
- Disciplined, reliable and punctual worker, able to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasking environment;
- Strong network with political actors and civil society organizations in Moldova including in its regions;
- Able and willing to travel in the regions of Moldova and internationally;
- Ability to adjust to and work with a multinational team;
- Ability to work without immediate regular supervision and of making sound operational decisions;
- Good communicator with strong networking abilities.
EECMD offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate: Program Coordinator, Moldova in the subject line of email.
Deadline for applications is September 20th, 2021
Tests and interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place online.