EECMD is looking for the motivated and capable team member to fill the position of a Democracy School Coordinator in Kutaisi. S/he will provide the overall coordination of the activities of the School and contribute and advance organization’s goals. The responsibilities of Democracy School Coordinator includes the following tasks:
- Serving as a contact person regarding the activities of the democracy school in Kutaisi. Acting as a regular liaison for the students, trainers and other project partners;
- Coordinating the logistics for the School’s activities. Specifically: training sessions, meetings, discussions and other events organized by the DS;
- Maintaining the partnership network with the local stakeholders of EECMD Democracy School, regional offices of Georgian political parties, non-profit and media organizations working in Kutaisi specifically, and in Imereti region generally;
- Assisting in the implementation of administrative tasks associated with the activities of Kutaisi Democracy School;
- Ensuring the timely production of meeting reports and necessary project related documents (activity reports, lecturer evaluations, digests of important regional events etc.);
- Maintaining regular contact with programmatic and finance /administrative units of EECMD office in Tbilisi;
- Preparing reports in line with EECMD requirements;
- Performing other related tasks upon request.
Education, skills and competences:
- Working experience of at least two years;
- Academic background in social and political sciences or related field;
- Strong understanding of project cycle, experience in project implementation and coordination;
- Deep understanding of current political developments in the country, experience and knowledge of working with development sector, in Imereti region especially;
- Extensive contacts with regional civil and political sector, local government institutions, regional NGOs, media and political parties;
- Fluency in Georgian including professional writing is a must;
- Advanced English language skills;
- Excellent administrator with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Disciplined, reliable and a punctual worker, able to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasking environment.
Selection: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview/test.
Interested candidates shall submit their CV and the cover letter in English no later than March 21, 2021 to email@example.com Please quote: “Democracy School Coordinator – Kutaisi” in the subject line of your e-mail.
No inquiries will be entertained; incomplete applications will be discarded.