The EECMD is an independent, non-partisan democracy assistance organization, which works to enhance democratic traditions, to strengthen democratic political parties and movements and to create strong grassroot capacities for democracy in the Eastern European Neighborhood.
EECMD is currently seeking to fulfill the position of the Coordinator of Democracy School in Dnipro, to provide administrative, logistical and management support to its activities.
The position is based in Dnipro.
Duties and obligations:
- Serving as a contact person regarding the activities of the democracy school in Dnipro. Acting as a regular liaison for the students, trainers and other project partners
- Maintaining the partnership network with the local stakeholders of EECMD Democracy School, regional offices of Ukrainian political parties, non-profit and media organizations working in Dnipro
- Coordinating the logistics for the School’s activities. Specifically: training sessions, meetings, discussions and other events organized by the DS
- Ensuring the timely production of meeting reports and necessary project related documents (activity reports, lecturer evaluations, digests of important regional events etc)
- Organizing project activities and performing other, related tasks
- Assisting in the implementation of administrative tasks associated with the activities of Dnipro Democracy School
- Writing activity reports in line with EECMD’s requirements
- Maintaining regular contact with EECMD’s head office in Tbilisi and with EECMD Kyiv Programme Office; reporting upon request.
- Other duties as assigned in the course of program implementation
Required skills and competencies:
Skills and abilities:
- Knowledge and experience with civil society organizations, with a strong network in and knowledge of Dnipro, the region and Ukraine
- Extensive contacts with regional civil and political sector specifically, local government institutions, regional NGOs, media and political parties
- Strong project planning, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of Ukraine’s political system and political landscape
- Professional skills (Office, internet etc) required for a work in a professional office environment
- University degree in social sciences and related fields preferred
- English language
- Experience with organizations working in the area of democratization, development, higher education and related fields is a strong asset
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively both in Ukraine and in the region of EECMD’s work
- Excellent administrator
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Politically sensitive and impartial
- Disciplined, reliable and a punctual worker, able to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasking environment
The Coordinator will function under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of EECMD.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com citing “Dnipro Democracy School” in the subject line.
Deadline for submissions: July 15, 2019.