The Eastern European Centre for Multiparty Democracy (EECMD) is an independent, non-partisan democracy assistance organization, which works to enhance democratic traditions, strengthen political parties and create strong grassroots capacities for democracy in the Eastern European Neighborhood. EECMD currently works in five countries of the region, where it implements programs aimed at political party assistance, democracy education and political dialogue. We are currently looking for the motivated professional to join the programs team in Georgia. The position is full-time, based in Tbilisi and requires moderate travel in the country.
Duties and obligations:
- Assisting in streamlining the overall workflow of project implementation
- Assisting in the organization of meetings, presentations and events in Tbilisi/regions of Georgia
- Managing the calendar of programs and events
- Maintaining effective contacts with the programs and their stakeholders
- Contributing to program reports and writing meeting minutes and summaries
- Creating entries for EECMD website and social media
- Liaising and collaborating effectively with financial and administrative unit of the organization
- Performing administrative duties related to the programs/projects while also playing a supportive role in other aspects of EECMD work when necessary
- Keeping up with day-to-day political developments in the country/region
Education, skills and competencies:
- Working experience of at least two years
- Academic background in social sciences or political science in particular
- Motivated to learn and develop as a professional and part of EECMD team
- Fluent in Georgian and English languages, including good writing skills in both Georgian and English
- Knowledge and experience with the national and international NGO and development sector is preferred but not necessary
- Keen interest in politics, international affairs and development work
Politically sensitive, with good knowledge of current political developments and political landscape of Georgia
- Disciplined, reliable and a punctual worker, able to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to adjust to and work with a multinational team
- Good communicator with strong networking abilities
Selection: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview/test.
Interested candidates shall submit their CV and the cover letter inEnglish no later than September 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote: “Programs Assistant – Georgia” in the subject line of your e-mail.
No inquiries will be entertained, incomplete applications will be discarded.