The Program Coordinator shall lead EECMD’s in-country efforts by successfully implementing the following duties and obligations:
- Managing EECMD programs in Ukraine, aimed at supporting democratic development in the country;
- Maintaining effective contacts with program stakeholders (political parties, civil society groups, international organizations, EECMD partner embassies, media);
- Creating project proposals and project reports;
- Creating project implementation plans, budgets, organizing project activities and performing other, related tasks;
- Creating planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and reporting on them;
- Coordinating and leading on the reporting to EECMD and its donors;
- Providing effective guidance to the personnel of the program in Ukraine;
- Maintaining effective liaisons with colleagues in different countries and contributing to synergy and coordination (where necessary) between EECMD’s different programs;
- Organizing (regional and national) meetings, seminars and bilateral meetings with political parties, civil society, and media, as well as capacity building trainings, as required by EECMD program activities;
- Contributing to annual reporting and annual planning of the organization;
- Performing other relevant tasks related to the effective implementation of the program in Ukraine
On an intra-organizational level, the Program Coordinator is expected to:
- Establish fruitful and effective cooperation with the international team of colleagues;
- Be able to contribute effectively to joint discussions and planning sessions of the organization;
- Demonstrate a strong ability to effectively contribute to developing EECMD programming in Ukraine;
- Provide high-quality activity and project reports, including PME;
- Provide high-quality feedback and analysis on political developments in Ukraine.
Education and skills:
- Graduate degree in social sciences;
- Strong and up to date knowledge of Ukraine’s political system and its political landscape, highly aware of current issues on a political scene and ongoing debates about reforms, security, and development;
- Knowledge and experience with the Ukrainian and international NGO and development sector and highly aware of key players and actors on the scene;
- Experience in writing project proposals for international donors; experience in relevant reporting;
- Project planning, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
- Experience of working with international organizations;
- Fluent English and Ukrainian (writing and speaking abilities) are a must.
- Politically sensitive and impartial;
- Disciplined, reliable and punctual worker, able to meet deadlines and work in a multi-tasking environment;
- Strong network with political actors and civil society organizations in Ukraine including in its regions;
- Able and willing to travel in the regions of Ukraine and internationally;
- Ability to adjust to and work with a multinational team;
- Ability to work without immediate regular supervision and of making sound operational decisions;
- Good communicator with strong networking abilities.
The Programme Coordinator will lead the team of four to five persons in Ukraine and report to the Executive Director of EECMD.
EECMD offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (in English) to: email@example.com
Please indicate: “Program Coordinator, Ukraine” in the subject line of email.
Deadline for applications is November 15.
Tests and interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place in Kyiv, tentatively, during November 20-21.